About Me

My photo
I am Rameez ibn Nusrat ibn Sanaur Rahman.

Saturday, January 30, 2010

A son's love

Here is a poem that I wrote to express my feelings.

A son's love:

As I came into this world,
With the atmosphere upon me hurled,
Along came you and Mom as pillars of light
To stand against all evil in a fight.

Countless gifts did you bestow upon me,
Even now I treasure them as I love thee.
The beauty of Islam as you raised me to be,
And life in this transient world as a man free.

Now Allah has chosen you for a martyr's honour,
Leaving in this world many a mourner.
Yet we hope to remain steadfast,
To live in the present and not dwell upon the past.

Yet the heart cries and tears flow,
And time seems to run so slow.
Life seems like a withered flower,
And my body seems depleted of power.

You will remain in my heart for verily you were truthful,
And I hope all our du`as for you become fruitful.
I shall turn to the Quran during this test,
For verily in the remembrance of Allah do the hearts find rest.

Your shahaadah has made me realize,
What a calamity in the Prophet's death lies(sallallahu alayhe wasallam)
I now pray that Allah may take,
You to be loved by everyone, for His Sake.

O Allah! Have mercy upon my father for he raised me while I was young.
Many a times has he, your slave, between life and death, hung.
Accept your slave's du`a and forgive his sins,
And do not let him in the barzakh wince.

O Allah! Enter him into the best part of Paradise,
And let him gaze upon Your Noble Face many times.
O Allah make his grave spacious and fill it with light,
And give me the strength to pray for him day and night.

1 comment:

  1. Asalamu Alaikum

    O Allah! Enter him into the best part of Paradise,
    And let him gaze upon Your Noble Face many times.
    O Allah make his grave spacious and fill it with light,

    Ameen

    Masha Allah Rameez bhai
    Really..wow..OMG this peom is AWESOME & very touching

    May Allah accept all your dua's

    ReplyDelete